1966 Corvette Convertible Classified Ad Details$85,000.00 310 497 1127 Date Posted:11/23/2019 - Los Angeles, CA
Nassau Blue, original 427, 1966 Corvette Stingray Convertible
• for the collector who is not looking for a trailer queen or showcar, but wants a really tight, really clean, well sorted-out original powerful driver
• has its matching numbers engine and drivetrain
• black plates added
• the car, trim plates and engine block stamp were inspected by NCRS master judge Pat Collins.
• according to restorer, the engine rebuild was by Patrick at W & J Automotive in Upland CA
• Options - K66 electronic ignition, auxilliary hard top, softray tinted windshield, 3.08 rear positraction
When I bought it, it came with Kelsey Hayes knock off wheels on it. (I do not know if these were an original option on this car.)
The 5 Kelsey Hayes knock off wheels are in great shape. So…they are in the garage. I have substituted high quality fake KO's as the originals are too precious to drive on Los Angeles streets. (You can see where the original owner scraped up the fender flare with the lead hammer when trying to loosen the knock off on the driver’s side.)
• Side mount exhaust (which I believe to be non-original as this is an AO Smith car.)
I know there are side pipe haters out there. But this car sounds very, very sweet. Not too loud, but has real presence when you step on it and on idle.
Lots and lots and lots of massive torque and power and…..you can drive it easily all day. It is scary fast, but will runs and drives great. It does not mind putting around either. A really fun car to drive and enjoy.
• Non-original: DeWitts black aluminum radiator (I have the original); rear strut road housing (I have the original.)
• Recent tune up, recent new suspension bushings front and rear, new battery
• 49749 miles showing
• Fresh 4 wheel alignment by Bagge & Son
• Could use carpet, maybe a few other weekend interior refreshes.
Please copy and paste the below to get to the videos:
Drive By 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P43XynQbv48
Drive By 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E-DueHbjY8
Pull Over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yowIk8ApE7Q
Inside Car @ 2000RPM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iMzOe4qZI
Cold Start High Idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTVCWy6sUx8
Cold Start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xDLhqAWSrA
Highway Driving: https://youtu.be/iyh20_aDnJo
Driving : https://youtu.be/uI8B85AXTOw